Tuesday 22nd Jan
Alright, so if I’m perfectly honest, I gave myself one last weekend of drinking and eating whatever I wanted. Which means that I started on Monday 14th Jan and have currently been keto-ing for 1 week.
A big part of feeling organised and ready to take on the mission was grocery shopping and getting my head around what it is I’ll actually be eating. I have decided to include a fair amount of seafood into my diet to help increase protein and fat consumption, but still no meat of any other kind.
My mornings, basically, look something like this:
Coffee with almond milk. No sugar.
I would have, around midday, more of a brunch.
- smoked salmon
- scrambled eggs (I add heavy cream and turmeric)
- spinach, either fresh or sautéed with butter
- mushrooms, sautéed with butter
- half an avocado
I tended to pick either salmon or eggs, depending on my mood, and then 2 out of the other 3 options.
In the afternoon I snacked on a combination of:
- a tin of tuna in oil, steamed greens
- marinara mix, cooked with butter and garlic, served with greek salad
- sashimi, miso soup, and edamame when I went out for dinner (not overly confident on this ones calories)
- vegetarian turmeric red curry, with cauliflower rice. The curry was basically red curry paste, coconut milk, broccoli and spinach. I poured some heavy cream in for good measure.
- cheesy cauliflower bake
I also discovered that Pepsi Max helped with my sugar cravings, and I tended to have two pieces of Lindt 90% cocoa chocolate for ‘dessert’.
I’ve only worked out 3 times over the week but plan to increase this. I’ll aim to workout every weekday. I also tested my ketones on Friday, 4 days into the diet, to find I am successfully in ketosis, yay! I also believe i have lost 2kg, although I’m not 100% as I did not pay attention to the time of day when I first weighed myself, and my weight can fluctuate a few kgs each day and depending on the time. I’ll keep monitoring this though.